28 May Fundraising Campaign Manchester Bombing victims
Fundraising Campaign Manchester Bombing victims
We here at Yizkor Holocaust Memorial are standing with Manchester, U.K. in this time of trial. Because we understand being terrorized so well, we are helping by having a fundraising campaign for the Manchester bombing victims. See the video with pictures of the victims below:
Here are the facts of the bombing in Manchester:
- Salman Abedi, who was 22 years old, carried out the attack.
- The attack was a suicide bombing carried out with a homemade bomb.
- 119 people were injured, 22 killed and 59 taken to hospital after the attack
- There are children among the dead
- The youngest victim was eight years old
- The suicide bomber died at the scene
- A police investigation is under way to determine whether the suicide bomber acted on his own, or was part of a network.
- The explosion happened after a concert by Ariana Grande.
- The explosion happened outside, as people started leaving for home.
- 400 officers were working on the incident on Monday night.
- Victoria Station in Manchester was evacuated, and the trains were cancelled.
See the video above for all the names of the victims.
The Prime Minister, Theresa May, condemned the attack as “The worst terrorist incident we have ever experienced in the United Kingdom and although it is not the first time Manchester has suffered in this way it is the worst attack the city has experienced and the worse ever to hit the north of England.”
We, the Jewish people, understand all too well what persecution and being terrorized feels like. We therefore stand with those in Manchester, and showing our support by fundraising for the victims.
This is what we will do with your donation:
We will be sponsoring a trip for a child and their parents to Disneyland in France at a cost of a minimum of £1000 per Family we will let the family know who the sponsors are and the sponsors will know who they sponsored.
Our goal is to sponsor each and every child and teenager who attended the concert and had to go through the nightmare and the fear of death.
We are aiming to raise two Million Dollars so that we can treat them in their summer break. If you can’t afford to sponsor a family, then you can donate any amount from $25 upwards towards the project to give & show your love & support to those who needlessly suffered. The more we have in donations, the more we can sponsor.
Thank you for your kind support.
The Management of Yizkorholocaustmemorial.org